WWE.com's Heart-wrenching Break-ups: Trish breaks Jericho's heart and never looks back
By Brian Lusczki April 18, 2012
The night of WrestleMania XX was the start of something great. When Trish Stratus slapped the taste out of Chris Jericho's mouth, it launched several months of Trish showcasing how much of a bad girl she was, which many would argue to be the best run of her WWE career.
Stills from show »
WWE.com has highlighted the very moment that started it all as one of the "12 Heart-wrenching Breaks-up in WWE History":
What started as a gentleman's bet ended in humiliation when Chris Jericho and Christian struck up a wager of one Canadian dollar to see whose relationship would progress faster: Jericho and Trish Stratus’ or Christian and Lita’s. Trish politely rebuked The Ayatollah of Rock 'N' Rolla, but the bet still escalated into a match between the two Superstars at WrestleMania XX, where Trish’s interference inadvertently cost Jericho the contest. His dignity soon followed when, feigning shock at having cost him the match, Trish inexplicably slugged Jericho across the face and set him up for a resounding Killswitch from Captain Charisma. It's safe to say Christian won the bet.
• Trish 'chick kicks' her way onto WWE.com's Top 10 list
• Trish makes WWE.com's list for most shocking returns
• WWE Magazine lists Trish vs. Lita one of the Top 25 Greatest Rivalries
• WWE.com's Top 25 Most Impactful Women: #1 Trish Stratus
• WWE.com's Top 10 Whoa-mances of All Time: #10 Jericho & Trish