4.0 44 Vote
Basic Salmon Bake
- Salmon fillet with skin (5 oz)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place fish skin side down in pan or glass baking dish.
3. Drizzle fillet with olive oil (if adding other ingredients as suggested below, scatter ingredients on and around fillet).
4. Bake until salmon flakes easily with a fork. It will take about 20 minutes depending on size and thickness of fillet. Keep an eye on it!
Cover fish with any of the following toppings before you put fish in the
oven for a flavorful dish:
- Simple: Sliced red peppers
- Greek-style: Diced tomato, onion, feta cheese, kalamata olives, drizzle
- Marinade: Mix 1 clove garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp basil, salt,
pepper, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tbsp parsley (place fillet in marinade
for at least an hour or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator. With
marinade – no need to add any more oil for oven)
*I use this same recipe for rainbow trout – one of my favorite fish to cook!